Bjarnarhýðið

Bjarnarblogg

A bear by name, not by nature

Víkingur 100 ára

vrijdag, juni 20, 2003

So, I haven't written anything for a week. Not because I went on the planned round-Iceland trip, but because I'm lazy. I didn't go since I'm lazy and my side pain annoys me too much to drive 100s of kilometres per day. So I've been spending my holidays relaxing at home, reading and watching DVDs and wandering downtown when the weather's been good, and on June 17th, Independence Day, when the weather was foul as usual on the day. Just back from a nice walk downtown, a hot dog and an ice cream. Met plenty of co-workers who have re-located downtown after the merger.
Have finished some books recently, see the booklist for details, but I'll here's a cut'n'paste: Redemption Ark by Peter Hamilton: Finally finished this one. Started out slowly, but the latter half is much better. Not that the laying down of the story in the first half isn't needed. The Scar - China Miéville: Another finally... Again I started out slowly, and I was a bit bogged down with other things. It was certainly worth it in the end. Excellent book. I think I'll need something light after this. Like Harry Potter. I'm going out of town tonight not returning until after midnight. guess by then the shop'll have sold out of the copies set aside for the midnight opening. But I'm getting it asap.