Bjarnarhýðið

Bjarnarblogg

A bear by name, not by nature

Víkingur 100 ára

maandag, maart 10, 2003

The Daily Telegraph is readable, does good football reporting and has been a major contributor of foreign news to the Icelandic daily Morgunbladid (rightwing, surprisingly enough). And to realise the freakishness going on you only have to read today's leader.
In truth, this is not really about the UN, but about the tendency of the Labour fringe always and everywhere to oppose the projection of British force.

George Orwell once called it "the peculiar masochism of the English Left": a readiness to side with all manner of villains - the IRA, the Soviet Union, Saddam - provided they are anti-British. Every previous Labour prime minister has had to face this tendency down - a tendency that can make the governing of the country a formidable test.

Excellent. I knew that there had to be a subliminal reason I oppose the war. Now I know it's that I'm anti-British. A load off my mind, that.